Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create Custom registration page and Database table in Mega

Azim_Uddin
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Dear Community,

I am planning to make a custom registration page where I can take input from users and insert into Mega database.

My question is,

1. Is there any way to customize Mega database (Can I add new table or is there any custom table to use for other use)
  2. For making registration form I think I can use Mega Advisor template, is there any other options that Mega can support.

Any support or idea would be really helpful.

Kind regards

Azim

4 Replies

veldew
Super Contributor

farhad,

see it as creating a standalone application for registration which you call from inside mega.

this application can either store your data into its own db,

or can make connection with mega to store it inside some objects or whatever you want to do with it.

grtz,

Wim Van de Velde

@Wim Van de Velde

Thanks for your suggestions. Could you please explain little more of your sugg. on the last part given below.

"write an addin in .Net or Java and activate it from Mega. For that you will need additional tables in a database, i would suggest another then Mega, for upgrade reasons.(it might replace mega db)."

Hi Wim,

Thanks a lot for your reply and information details. That's really helpful.

Regards

Azim

veldew
Super Contributor

Azim,

A few suggestions :

Start with a parent object of your choise, and add custom attributes needed for your registration(ex name, address,...)

You can make also a custom userform for that in Mega

Then all info will be stored inside the mega database.

write an addin in .Net or Java and activate it from Mega. For that you will need additional tables in a database, i would suggest another then Mega, for upgrade reasons.(it might replace mega db).

grtz,

Wim Van de Velde