cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a link to an external application

pvandeginste
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

We are looking for user friendly ways to provide our users with a set of links to applications and resources (ex. SharePoint site) oustide of HOPEX, that they could access from within HOPEX. We have had some success embedding these hyperlinks in the "Start Page" in the Windows client.

Is it possible to create a custom MetaCommand that could be accessible from the top menu in the Windows client  (ex.: File > Resources > Go to EA SharePoint), and that would open a URL? Is this possible in the Web client using Versatile Desktops?

Thank you!

Philippe

5 Replies

Philippe,oguimard

Thanks for your suggestion , I created a Tile and in MEGA Parameterized Tool I used => Batch URL Launcher , it worked I could launch sharepoint URL.

Thanks,
Sashidhar.

Hello,

Indeed the tile sounds the right way. You could also create an additionnal menu entry on the top menu. 

Look at the example on the mega community or mega documentation that open an external website.

Moreover, in recent version of HOPEX (V2R1 U4 or V3) you can use the "Share" command to generate an URL to directly access the property page of the object.

So from external system you can directly access the object.

Hi Sashidar,

I ended up creating a widget that displayed the links as external references (this was in V1R3). Not sure if there is a better way of doing this now in V2R1 (maybe a Tile?)

Thanks,

Philippe

Philippe,
Do have  solution for this Creating a link to an external application.

Thanks,
Sashidhar

pvandeginste
Honored Contributor

As a follow-up to this question: I created a new MetaCommand Item that shows up in the menu on the Web front-end.

What MetaTool would I need to use so that when a user clicks on the button it opens a URL in a new browser tab?

Thanks,

Philippe