cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open cursor link when placing objects on Diagram

dvanhoegaerden
Super Contributor

Hi,

When I place a Message, Requirement or Class on a Process Diagram, I always get a "Can't open cursor link" message.

After clicking OK, the Message/Requirement/Class is placed on the diagram without further errors.

Saving the Diagram and dispatching later on, is also no problem.

Can someone tell me what this error means, and how to get rid of it?

Thx.

Mega version Hopex V1R3-CP10

Message-error:

Cursor link.png

Requirement-error:

Cursor link2.png

Class-error :

Cursor link3.png

Thanks in advance,

Danny

7 Replies

I did the test, and it works.

dvanhoegaerden
Super Contributor

Hi,

Did you try to change the major/minor? It's worth a test.

Maybe you could also try to change the metaclass from diagram to abstract diagram.

regards,

Danny

Hi Danny,

This solution will not work for us. In your case the error message is clear to change the meta association ends. But in my case :

Can't open cursor link: SlaveMetaClass Diagram expected instead of Abstract Diagram for the MetaAssociationEnd ("Operation.Operation-In-Diagram")

It is expecting Digaram as slave meta class instead of Abstract Diagram.

As you can see, This meta association end has Diagram as slave meta class not Abstract diagram.

Capture.PNG

But still the error is occuring.

Regards,

Venkatesh.

Colruyt Team

dvanhoegaerden
Super Contributor

I have found a solution for our case.

When you analyse the error/warning message, you will see that it involves a MetaAssociation, with "Message" and "Requirement" as MetaAssociationEnds.

The solution for me was to switch major and minor for the MetaAssociation "Requirement/Constrained Message".

MajorMinor.png

ColruytTeam, maybe you can try the same for the MetaAssociation "Operation-In-Model". (or Opereation-Dans-Mod).

I'm curious to see if that solves it for you, so please post the result.

Regards,

Danny

Hi Danny,

In our case, We are able to open the diagram.

We are able to add operations on Organization Process diagram.

On manual debug, we found that, the warning is displayed while disconnecting the operation from its parent organizational process.

Regards,

Venkatesh.

Colruyt Team

dvanhoegaerden
Super Contributor

Hi ColruytTeam,

Thanks for contributing.

In addition to my post : The diagram containing a message, requirement or class, seems to become corrupt, and cannot be opened anymore.

When I disconnect these objects (in mega-explorer), the diagram can be opened again.

regards,

Danny

ColruytTeam
Honored Contributor

Hi ,

Even am also facing the same issue.

But for me it is case while disconnecting the Operation from its owner organizational process.

When I explore particular Operation and at "Owner Organizational Process" end , I tried to disconnect its owner OP, this issue is occuring.

Even if I try to add new owner organizational process (with out disconnecting the existing one), This issue is occuring.

Capture.PNG

Colruyt Team