cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEGA 2009 -> Hopex: Admin password required

jangm
Trusted Contributor

I am testing migration from Mega 2009 SP5 to Hopex V1R2. Hopex is 30 days trial version on GBMS installed on Win Server 2012 R2.

Environment is not upgraded due to an error of missing .mol file. When I checked Mega installation there is no upgrade folder so I think upgrading is not possible with trial version.

I have copied environment data to the new server and created a reference to this environment. When I try to expand it in Mega Administrarion I enter Identifier: Administrator with no password, because I had no Administrator password in the original environment. I get an error:

Name or password invalid for Login Administrator

A can acces environment in Mega 2009 with login Administrator with no password. What to do?

Thanks for help,

jang

5 Replies

jangm
Trusted Contributor

Jerome, thanks for clarification and your help.

Best regards,

jang

Hello jangm

Let us remind that

• Master of trial version are buit according to they objective: the objective is to evaluate a version, not to upgrade installation/data. If you need to upgrade data, use  the master of a standard version of HOPEX
  • Technical definition or users has changed with HOPEX. A conversion is required and quoted in the migration procedure

See KB 00004010 / MEGA Repository - Conversion of User into Person (System) with Login and Profile

http://community.mega.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/mega-kb-solution?sid=501D00000011lNjIAI

See migration procedure (with standard master of HOPEX)

http://community.mega.com/mega/attachments/mega/HOPEXV1R2/9/40/How%20to%20migrate%20to%20HOPEX%20V1R...

Jerome

lmazurie
Honored Contributor

Hum, I understand. I lost  a lot of time with the following thing : please check that in the directory of the environment you have REALLY (tough with Windows server 2012 R2) the full rights on sub-folders and files.

Lionel Mazurié

jangm
Trusted Contributor

Doesn't help, still same error message.

Environment was not upgraded to Hopex due to an error. Trial Hopex installation does not have Upgrade folder where needed .mol files are located so that might also be a problem.

lmazurie
Honored Contributor

Hi Jang,

Hum, could you try "system" without password if the SytemDB was migrated to Hopex.

Lionel Mazurié