Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to duplicate SQL Repositriy?

AHassan
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hi,

Is it possible to duplicate a SQL repository, like it is possible to do for GBMS and Oracle.

There is no option to duplicate SQL repository, I wonder if it is possible?

Regards,

Asim

7 Replies

Thank you

We will try it

Stefan

There are also articles, within our online documentation, that cover both "environment duplication" and "repository duplication within the same environment" (the original post). The "repository duplication within  the same environment" method covered in the attached screenshot of our documentation is an "expert level" method to duplicating but one that I personally prefer, so I thought I would share 😉

Hope you find it helpful.

JCAMARA

There is an old techinical artivle on how to duplicate environments.

RDBMS Environment Duplication

Hello Jerome

We have to restore a previous state of a repository and intend to do this to another existing (empty) repository. Can we do this with the restore feature of the SQL Server or is there still an issue with the repository ID?

Stefan

Yes, you can do the following wiihin the same HOPEX environment

• Perform logical backup of repository A to a file (ex: LogicalBackup_A.mgr)
  • Create new repository B
  • Perform import of file (LogicalBackup_A.mgr) to repository B 
Jerome

Hi,

I believe, it should not be an issue when I import logical back from repository A into repository B, within the same Environment?

Regards,

Asim

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello Asim

With SQL server server there is no duplicate feature such as with Oracle storage.

Performing a duplication via SQL Server tools (physical duplication) would not be correct.

Indeed, each repository has a ID. When performing a physical duplication, this ID dos not change.

As a consequence, the official procedure consists in using logical backup and importing the .MGR fle to rebuild a new repository. This can take some time.

See KB 00005658 http://community.mega.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/mega-kb-solution?sid=501D0000000nYuVIAU

If this is not applicable in your context, please open a case

Jerome