Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

metaclass Architecture

Arunas
Trusted Contributor

Hi Community ,

Would require your asssitance ! 

Is there any dedicated metaclass objects to call directly the mega macro code function .

Technical Requirement   :

Our requirement is just to pass the macro name and function name in that "abc" object , On right click and open the "abc" object  / double click of "abc" object, it should call directly the macro function.

Why is it required ?

For extracting the data in excel , User doesn't have access to search the exact excel generatuin macro  to get the results . Instead of that , We can do like above .Please suggest if any metaclass already supports in mega like this.  

Cheers!

6 Replies

Thank you so much ! Will try to do the same way . 

you can easily provide them with a right-click menu item which will fire your macro when they select it from the pop-up menu. The question is, will it extract the Org Process and it's details from which you clicked or all the ones in the repository? If it's the first, you can attach the menu-item to the organizational process metaclass, if it's all in repository I would either attach it to the metaclass generality (that globe thing in the navigator) or else set it up in the toolbar on top of the interface (if you run in windows client), you have File, Edit, View, Tools => you could add it here also

we have written macro code (excel_extraction_implementation.macro) in MEGA  ,The purpose is if you run the macro it will extract /pull all the org. Process and its detail attributes in excel sheet.  Problem is only admin can search this macro and run the macro code. Of course business users doesnt have access to see all the macro codes. 

we have to enhance this to Business users . So if dedicated evenlistener(ABC object or metaclass )  is there , it will be easy us to setup to call/fire  this macro (excel_extraction_implementation.macro) from that particular evenlistner object(ABC ).

So uses can generate this excel from themselves on firing that evenlistner object (ABC ) instead of depending on us.

Try to explain a bit more what you want to achieve, I don't understand the explanation of  the excel export. maybe if I understand what you try to do I can point you in a direction

Ok @SVanSchoonlandt , Thanks for your reply . Yes,  we required evenlistener to fire a macro on double click the particular object .

If not in Mega , Let me try to implement this in some other way if possible !

SVanSchoonlandt
Honored Contributor

Arunas,

do you mean you are looking for a way to fire a macro when the user double-clicks on an object?

If so, as far as I know there is no eventlistener available in MEGA that can handle your requirement.