cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Internal Value in the query tool

Arunas
Trusted Contributor

Hi Community ,

The valiation state meteattribute internal value shows wrong value  when we select the drop down in Query Tool .

Already assigned internal value for "Validated" is "V" . Any reasons why its shows wrong internal value "D" in the query tool ?

a.PNG

4 Replies

Arunas
Trusted Contributor

Thank you Gerome and Lars for your great Support ! Always supportive in the MEGA community.

@jhorber

I will proceed to rename metaattributevalues "Value Name" English ("Disabled_Validated")  string  as you suggested .

Hope this value will not change in future upgrade  , We will make a note and check during future updgrades whether it overwrites the value or not .

Thanks !!

As hidding MetaAttributeValue is not considered, I would recommend to rename the MetaAttributeValue display name so that hat there is no conflict
Ex: the string 'Validated' is used in English language for both MetaAttributeValue V (value you want to keep) and D (value you want to disable), rename the string to 'Disabled_Validated' for MetaAttributeValue V.
There will not necessarily be an impact on a future update and even if there was, it would be easy to manage.

If you want to align with new standard and avoid all possible conflict, you need to review the workflow definition and update the workflow instances accordingly. That is not easy.

Jerome

Arunas
Trusted Contributor

Hi Lars ,

Thank you ! Yeah ,Thats correct .

We still use the old values for workflow definition . So we have already hidden the new values (A - Update in progress ,D - Valid Object ,C- Validation in Progress ) . But when we select "Validated " option in query tool , still shows (D) internal value .

Capture.PNG

How to resolve this issue ? Whats your best suggestion on this ? Many thanks in advance.  

I know this could not be the best idea to do  ( it will be impact on next Upgrade)

1. Cannot disconnect the old/new  metaattributevalues 

2. Cannot rename value Name  of metaattributesvalues. 

LMeden
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hi,

If you access the MettAttributeValues of the Validation State you actually find both values. "V" seems to be the old internal value and "D" is the new. 
validate.png

/Lars