cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Excel Wizard to disconnect associations

TRadakovich
Contributor

Is there any way to use the Excel Wizard to perform a disconnect?  I regularly use the wizard for connections and updates to attributes in characteristics.  I have an external system that can generate an import sheet showing new associations and those that have been removed.  I need a way to import the removals or "disconnects".  Any advice is appreciated.

5 Replies

mkramp
New Contributor

2 years later, is there now capability to use Excel import wizard to drive disconnects or deletions of objects?

There is now a feature for attributes called "reset", with a configurable keyword (eg. #reset).

Why not establish a similar mechanism for disconnecting objects in associations, or for deleting objects?

Should that not be practical: has anyone written VB script/macro code  that is able to drive such disconnects / deletions?

(there used to be a quite comprehensive VB script/macro written by MEGA consultants but it was not kept in synch with Hopex releases).

Would be great take a look in this code! 😄

Hello 

Thanks for sharing your experience.

There is no "central repository" but you can attach a file to a post.

As code is rarely self-explanatory, do not hesidate to add notes if you can.

Jerome

Where can I find a central repository to post code that we have developed so others do not have to do the same work?

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello TRadakovich

Standard Excel import/export wizard do not enable to delete objects or disconnect links

However, if the objects involved are identifed in an Excel document, you can code an application (ex: Excel macro in the same document) to do this in the HOPEX repository.

This required knowledge of API script

Jerome