cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of external references in static webpages

MatiasKrempel
New Contributor

In a Process-Diagram we have added a document. In the properties of the document we have added an external referencw under "References"  to a webpage containing a PDF-File

After generating a static webpage the document shape is visible. Hoewever no link can be activated displaying the webpage referenced under "properties"

Is there any way to make the referenced webpage accessible from the static webpage.

Provided no link to a webpage would be possible: is tehre an option to import PDF-Files directly into MEGA to make them available in static webpages?

The MEGA version is 2009 SP 4 patch 15 (724-3388)

Thank you in advance for your advise

Matias Krempel

4 Replies

zehrabiz
New Contributor

Hi, 

We have exactly the same issue. How can we access to the website in the below mentioned solution? Can you please advise the steps?

-------

In website, under the process descriptor, add a new group "External Reference".

Create a text for this group and add the following:

<a href="[Property=Address/]"> [Property=ShortName/]</a>

----------

Thx, Zehra

Hello Matias,

In website, under the process descriptor, add a new group "External Reference".

Create a text for this group and add the following:

<a href="[Property=Address/]"> [Property=ShortName/]</a>

Once you click on the name of the reference, it will take you to the original location.

HTH

Hello Jerome,

this is not what I meant. I had added a link (https://{website-name}/{directory-name}/sample.pdf into the "references" property of a process and a document object.

When you klick on it from within the MEGA application the web browser start ans shows the document from that refernced website.

When I generate the static webpage the respective item (process or document graphic) is not "klickable", i.e. there is no way to start the external website/webpage.

Is there any solution for that?

Matias

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello Mathias

Note that MEGA 2009 SP4 is not longer supported

See http://community.mega.com/t5/General-Information/Support-Policy/ta-p/6216

This is not cristal clear but if I understand the issue is related to the navigation from a diagram in a static web site.

You want to open a .PDF file by clicking on an icon/shape of the diagam.

Not all can be configurede. Th tag [Draw] is important because it has a direct influence on the html map generated for the diagram drawing

[Draw=Out/]: links to objects documented in specific pages

[Draw=In/]: links to object documented in the current page

[Draw=InOut/]: to object documented in the page or in in specific pages

To go further, see MEGA Publisher EN section 'Drawing Tag (Draw)' http://community.mega.com/mega/attachments/mega/725/9/29/MEGA%20Publisher%20EN.pdf

You can also consider to display directly the external reference (mapped to the PDF file) in the diagram drawing.

Jerome