Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort Generic Link in MEGA Order (RTF)

yrudloff
MEGA
MEGA

Hi,

In a RTF document, I get an unsuspected behaviour when building some groups based on a Generic MetaAssociation.

For Example, I have a Descriptor based on the MetaClass "Project".

I Create a group based on the Metaclass "Organisational Process" and the Generic MetaAssociation "Element of the project". In this case, it is possible to choose the MEGA order in the properties of the group, but MEGA displays the Organisational processes in Alphabetical Order.

Then I Create a group on the Metaclass "Element of the project" and the generec MetaAssociation "Element of the project". In this case, MEGA displays all the elements of the project (Business Process, Organisational Process, Application, ...) well sorted in the MEGA Order.

You will find in attachment an image displaying the issue I'm facing.

Is it normal that in the first case, even when using a "MetaAssociationEnd" Group, I don't get to sort the Organisational Processes in MEGA Order ? Is it because of the Generic Metaassociation ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Yannick 

Yannick RUDLOFF
5 Replies

Hello,

use this as MetaTest

~d20000000T60[Object MetaClass IdAbs] = ~gsUiU9B5iiR0[Organizational Process] 

Will be faster and, more important, you are not locked to a specific language. Also, remeber that the "Organizational Process" changed its name in 2009. By using an IdAbs your test will work just fine. With a name you may risk to have a future error very hard to discover.

Cheers,

Claudio Pucci

This metatest should work (I just tested it)  : 

Nom de la metaclasse de l'objet = "Processus organisationnel"

Man Happy

yrudloff
MEGA
MEGA

Hi Lionel,

I'm currently working on this solution. It needs some additionnal work because when you filter the Element with Project MetaClass, you only get the MetaAssociation of this Abstract Metaclass and not the MetaAssociation of the Organisational Process MetaClass.

I'll keep working on this way, it seems to be the only solution (Except migrating MEGA to the last version).

Thanks for your help, 

Yannick

Yannick RUDLOFF

lionel
MEGA
MEGA

Hi,

I do not know if this is "normal" or not (many things concerning abstract metamodel seem to not work as it should) but what you can do is create a group on the Metaclass "Element of the project" and use a MetaTest to filter your Organisational Processes.

Hope that helps 🙂

Lionel

yrudloff
MEGA
MEGA

For more information, the version of MEGA i'm working with is MEGA 2009 SP3 CP1.

After a little bit more of testing, this issue seems to be corrected in the lastest version of MEGA.

Yannick RUDLOFF