Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Technology available in Architecture

rhollas
Super Contributor

Hello Mega Community.

I recently updated our test-environment from V1R2 CP03 to CP06

We've got products/license for Architecture and Process BPMN, using windows client

So far everything seems ok, except one thing.

I noticed that as from CP04 (in HOPEX V1R2 - Changes) it is possible to add "Software Technologies required by Applications".

The new property tab is visible on the Application objects in the client.

When I tried to connect a Software Technology to an Application, there were none present - that is the ones listed in the documentation.

I assume that I have to import a Solution Pack from Administration, using the system user account.

Tried to import the "ITPM -10 - Template" but stil no trace of The Software Technology objects.

Do I have to create the Software Technologies manually, or are the supposed to be present after the solution pack import?

Best regards

Rune

3 Replies

Importing the objects from the Tutorial environment should work.

Br

Lars

rhollas
Super Contributor

Hello

I think I found a feasible solution to this.

We've got two Environments in our test installation: "Mega Tutorial" and "Copy of production"

I imported the "ITPM - 99 - Sample" package from the ITPM Solution Pack to a separate environment in test  Mega Tutorial

Then I Exported two object types from Mega Tutorial, org-units and software technologies, from the Library called "Technologies"

Imported those into  "Copy of production", in that way I got the list of Technologies defined by Mega, and the corresponding vendors (org-units).

/Rune

LMeden
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hello Rune,

Importing the ITPM solution pack will not help you in this matter. The solution pack adds templates to be used with the APM solution.

I don't think there is a import file that covers what you are seeking. Instead you must create the Software Technologies you want to use manually.

Br

Lars