cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script error "Error(0x80004005)" at line 49 : Connect Wizard.Implementation:"

matthewfoo
Super Contributor

I have this script error when trying to connect to new profile for a user in Administration application.

"Script error "Error(0x80004005)" at line 49 : Connect Wizard.Implementation:"

According to the support knowledgebase , it is related to MetaPicture association . I have try several approach that was recommended ,

1) Compile the repository

2) Install the workaround provided by Mega Knowledgebase and compile the repository

3) Change the extended properties of _STDFile/Metapictures association and compile the repository

All the approach resolve the problem for a while (like one of two days the most) and then the problem return.   It is rather frustrating to keep compileing the Repository every two days just to resolve this problem. Any suggestion? 

Regards

Matthew

7 Replies

I have a client with the same issue running HOPEX V1R3 build 750-4362 using Windows Administration tool. MetaPictures looks fine and not as described in KB 00005464.

We have found a workaround using the Explorer. From the Explorer, copy the Profile and paste it to the the Login.

/Lars

Hmm. Didn't know about "system" not able to make actual changes. Will try your suggestion.

Hello

The .MGR attached to the KB updates MEGA data.

Do not use the login system: it does not allow to update MEGA data

Instead

• Create a specific administrator login connected to the profile 'MEGA administrator'
  • Login to Administration.exe with this administrator login
  • Import the .MGR file.
  • Translate/compile
Jerome

I manage to find out one scenario that will cause this error to return. It involve using Mega Administrator Profile in Hopex Web client and follow by using Administrator.exe thick cleint.

1. Using Hopex Web client , Login in using Mega Administrator 

2. pick any Person and select Login Properties

3. Connect any Profile to the Person within the Login Properties

4. Save the change 

5. Logout from Hopex Web client

6. Run the Administartor.exe (Thick client)

7. Login using "system"

8. got to "User"

9. Try to connect any Profile to any User

10. Error pop up. 

I have try this steps in 3 seperate environments and it cause the error to return all 3 times. I am not sure is this the only scenario, could be something more then this , but at least it is something I find out so far. 

Any Mega expert adivce will be appreciated .

Hello Matthew

It may be an import issue.

When you import the file 'MetaAssociation (_StdFile_MetaPicture)_Update.mgr' of KB 00005464

Do you see

• 1 command imported
  • 1 command accepted
Jerome

1.Web Front-end

2. Client access only via Web Front-end

3. One Hopex environment

My issue is when I use the Administrator.exe and try to connect Profile to Login , this error keep coming back,I have to compile the whole repository to make it go away for a while.

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello matthew

Can you explain shortly what is your deployment

• Windows or Web Front-end?
  • How many client machine?
  • How many HOPEX environments?

Jerome