Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Error when Generating the Website

AHassan
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hello,

While generating the Website on V2 with SQL repository, there is a SQL error (Screenshot attached) - "SQLSTATE: 42000 Native Error: 102".

I have tried to re-generate website many times, sometimes is works and sometimes this error comes up. Every time this error would be on a different page number and showing different characters against "Incorrect Syntax Near:*** ".

• Attempt #1: Error when generating page no. 4427
  • Attempt #2: Error when generating page no. 4457
  • Attempt #3: Error when generating page no. 4440
  • Attempt #4: Error when generating page no. 4660
  • Attempt #5: Error when generating page no. 4790

Initially, I thought there is something wrong with the SQL Server performance but when I replicated SQL and Environment backup on a different Server with different SQL server, I still get this error - but again sometimes it works fine.

I also have attached the results of RDBMS utility.

Regards,

Asim

2 Replies

Thanks Stijn, that was realy helpful.

Initialize the error log file : Help\technical support\error log file \initialize .

- Enable the web generation trace : Tools/options/ options( extended)/workstation/debugging/Mega debugging / check “Installation of MEGA Publisher - Web trace”/ apply/OK

- Generate the website : when you get the error , extract the error log : Help\technical support\error log file \Edit .

---à in the trace check the last line it will indicate which descriptor is run and in which object . so you can run the descriptor manually to that object and check if you got the error

SVanSchoonlandt
Honored Contributor

you can enable a trace during website generation, like that you can see which objects are generated. This might give an indication which object is failing from time to time.

I have had this in the past also with a client. By enabling the trace we could track it back t o certain objects. Unfortunally I don't remember what the issue was.

regards

stijn