cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher WEB - How to generate a web site in 2 languages ?

vlevasseur
Contributor

Hello 🙂

I searched on the knowledge base, maybe the question was already raised, but I didn't find it.

We have to generate the website in 2 languages for our users : English and French.

We generated without issue the english version, but we have some issue to understand how to generate the same website in French. (Our MEGA object are in 2 languages in comments, names ...)

I noticed in "properties" / General / Translation that we could assign for each language a "Web Site path".  

I think it's a good start .... but how to deal with the next phase ?

Thanks everyone.

Vincent

4 Replies

Hi Jerome,

When you said "Check web site parameters".
Can you please explain or show a screenshot, which Website parameters needs to be checked/changed?

We have a same kind of issue as discussed in this post.

Regards,

Asim

Hello Vincent

Note that any web site template is not naturally able to generate for multiple languages. Example:

• HTML descriptors can contrain strings that are language dependent
  • Query can contrain tests that are language dependent
  • MTH files may not exist for all languages...

This has to be tested for your project.

Once you have checked that web sites based upon your web site template could be fully generated in different languages, you can consider to build a batch application to automate its generation.

You need to build an application (.NET, .VBscript...) that uses API script function to:

• Login on behalf of a using with a specific language.
  • Get the expected web site.
  • Generate (trigger) the web site generation using the function GenerateWebSite.

You can code that the application logs in in different language and generates page in different languages.

Once this batch application works correctly, you can consider to schedule its execution.

With Windows 2009 SP5 or higher version, you can use the Windows Scheduler.

See this KB for more details regarding the function GenerateWebSite

http://community.mega.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/mega-kb-solution?sid=50120000000mqRmAAI

Jerome

Thanks Jerome for your answer.

Is it possible to automate the generation of the website in both languages with a batch ?

For example : "Generate the website at 2.00 am each Working days."

Regards

Vincent.

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello Vincent

General steps

In a transaction, enable both English and French in user options (Tools > Options, group Languages)

• Select English as current langue for the transaction (menu Tools > Language > English)
  • Check web site parameters
  • Run the web site generation: pages will be generated in English
  • Select French as current langue for the transaction (menu Tools > Language > Français)
  • Check web site parameters
  • Run the web site generation: pages will be generated in French

Jerome