Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle user requires to reorganize and work in MEGA

François
Administrator
Administrator

Hello,

We have created a user, assigning the outlined authorizations from the RDBMS guide (Page 15 “User Privileges”).

They utilized Oracle SQL Developer, with an admin user (according to the end user.

The Oracle user utilized for the diagnostics test was not created by the DBA but the “Administrator user” created by the customer’s Oracle DBA. Just wanted to be sure you were aware.) to assign the outlined rights.

With that said, we had run into a problem performing the “Test Grants” function.

The customer eventually configured the user to get us passed that.

The overall issue we are encountering here, is the inability to reorganize an existing GBMS based environment. It seems that the outlined permissions from our deployment guide isn’t enough and our customer cannot grant the MEGA user sysadmin rights.

According to our DBA, we need to be very explicit as to our Oracle User permissions so they can set up the user accordingly. I assumed there must be some rights missing seeing as how I failed an attempt at reorganizing a data repository and cannot seem to perform some of the tests in the diagnostics utility.

Could you provide us with the exact privileges an Oracle user requires to reorganize and work in MEGA?

Thank you very much

1 Reply

François
Administrator
Administrator

Hello,

I have found information regarding my subject

The right are described on the RDBMS deployment guide page 15 User privileges

The Oracle user requires the following privileges for the database instance:

GRANT CREATE SESSION TO <MEGAUSR>;

GRANT CREATE TABLE TO <MEGAUSR>;

GRANT SELECT on V_$SESSION to <MEGAUSR>;

GRANT CREATE PROCEDURE TO <MEGAUSR>;

For the diagnostic, the error is on TEST 2 (INSERT (LIGHT)):

SQLException: ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace USERS

Another help will be on the error : ORA-01658

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10744/e1500.htm

ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace string

Cause: Failed to find sufficient contiguous space to allocate INITIAL extent for segment being created.

Action: Use ALTER TABLESPACE ADD DATAFILE to add additional space to the tablespace or retry with a smaller value for INITIAL

See you