Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miss-aligned Hotspots on Web Generated Process Images

AAnderson
Super Contributor

Recently Non-Admin users have been generating their own QA websites as per:

Non-Admin Web Generation

However on many occasions while the website generates and the process diagrams are rendored the hot spots created (that allow Sub-Process steps to be selected) are miss-aligned. Most are few hundred pixels to the right and a few hundred down. 

This issue doesn't occur for any one with the supervisor licence and not all users.

Any thoughts?

13 Replies

I started to have the same problem in Hopex V4, I would like to read the solution article but the link is broken. Can you repair the link, please

Users with regular modelling licences are able to create a new website that utilises an existing template and then generate from that. They are however unable to edit the website template or create new templates.

This provides the ability for users to generate a website as a QA just for themselves.

Our users each have a website to generate using the same template and location such that they may generate a QA version of the corporate site without an Admin. However 2/3 regular users websites have hotspots missaligned thus an admin is having to perform the task until this is resolved.

That's interesting: I am the only user that runs the generation from the Windows front-end, with a profile that has access to all licenses.

Our issue only occurs for a few users.

If a user has the Supervisor License assigned to them there is no issue.

We just recently started generating a website, and I hadn't really paid attention to this. I just noticed we have the same issue. We are also on Windows 10. None of the objects on the right edge of the diagram can be clicked on.

Reply no I am not refering to the status indicators.

"Hot Spot - An area of a graphics object, or a section of text, that activates a function when selected. Hot spots are particularly common in multimedia applications, where selecting a hot spot can make the application display a picture, run a video, or open a new window of information."

When a Mega diagram is rendored during generation it is formed of an image and a map of hotspots that allows the objects within the image to be selected.

The issue I have is that map is not aligned with the image.

Hi,

by "hot spots", do you mean the indicator next to an object that shows there is a diagram describing it?

Is it possible some users may have additional status indicators activated on diagrams (in their options settings)? I remember a case of users having certain status indicators active in the navigation trees that caused a larger space between the icon and object name to be displayed (almost like the object name started with multiple blank spaces).

Philippe

AAnderson
Super Contributor

Many things check with still no resolution.

1 out of 3 users can still generate a website without issues and no special settings or licenses we are aware of.

• Image format. - tried a few no change
  • Screen resolution. Specifc resolutions (for ex: 1920 x 1200) trigger unexpected results. - tried a few no change
  • Version of Windows. - All generation is via the same Virtual machine and home computers all Win10
  • Windows configuration. Example, the use of large fonts. - All standard config
  • Use of a diagram background. - not in use
  • Activation of status fields. - ? likely not in use
  • Use of customized MEGA shapes. - not in use
  • Coding errors in shape programming language.. - default shapes

Are there any more suggestions out there?

Any resolution found?

I have a client with similar issue. Next week I'm there to see what can be done, if I found something I will post it  here.

Regards

stijn