cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mega user for Web front end

jangm
Trusted Contributor

I am following Web Front-End installation guide and setup stopped at user login information as seen in attached screen shot. I have defined MEGA user as local server account and gave it required permissions. Another error message I get is that there is invalid password although it is correct and is ok according to the password policy. Tried it few times and account is not locked out.

Is there a problem because this is local server account? Should it be domain user? Installation guide doesn't say it should be domain account.

thanks,

jang

5 Replies

Hello jangm 

Could you open a case?

Jerome

Hello jangm

The forum is not the appropriate place to investigate this
Please open a case so that we can perform further investigations.
Jerome

jangm
Trusted Contributor

There is a problem with setup application. We found installation log and it seems that setup first recognizes correct username and password and then somehow overwrites or delete this information and then reports an error about username in wrong format.

Please have a look at the log. We also tried to enter wrong user, then wrong password just to see what setup does. There was no way we could go beyond this error.

PS

Log file has logged password in clear text which is not exactly good for security so I've changed it in this attached file.

jangm
Trusted Contributor

I am following the same latest version of installation guide. I've checked all required permissions and they are ok. Now I tried running setup as this local Mega user to which I gave also local admin priviledges. Same error. Any ideas?

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello jangm

It can be a local account provided it has the appropriate permissions

Note that the latest version of the document can be found here

http://community.mega.com/t5/HOPEX-V1R2-V1R3/HOPEX-V1R2-V1R3-Deployment-amp-Upgrade/ta-p/8059

Note: do not use char double quote (") in the password value

Jerome