cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue querying custom MetaAssociationEnd

pvandeginste
Honored Contributor

Hi ,
We have a customized MetaAssociation between the Issue and the BPMN Activity MetaClasses. We can query for a list of Issues that have Organizational Processes associated via this custom MetaAssociation, but the reverse query (list of Organizational Processes with Issues associated via the custom MetaAssociation) returns no results, even though we can see connnections in the Explore window.

I've tried looking at examples of out-of-the-box MetaAssocations with a similar expected behavior (ex.: Software Tech to Element using a Technology), but can't find a solution to our issue. Does anyone have an idea what we might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

4 Replies

Hello 

I recommend you create a metmaodel diagram to be sur of the metamodel involved. With abtract Metaclass and metaAssociation, it can become delicate to code a query.

I, after this, you consider there is  an issue in the plateform, open a case so that we can perform further investigations.

Jerome

Sorry - quick edit: the MetaAssociationEnd that doesn't return results in query DOES show up in the Query Assistant. If you select it from the assistant, the query still returns 0 results

Hi Stijn,

Imagine the following (taking the Application & Software Tech example):

1. select [Software Technology] where [Element using Technology]:[Application] returns results

2. select [Application] where [Used Technology] returns 0 results - in the same repository

I can explore an Application, and see the Used Technology folder with items referenced in it, but when i query for it, no results are returned...though there are applications associated to Software Technologies via the Used Technology association end

Oddly, when we use the query assistant, the MetaAssocationEnd in question doesn't show in the Links or Links by Type folders.

One of the consequences is that since we can't get the query to return results, we can't use it in Report Studio reports (in V1R3). Our other option of course is to retire this custom MetaAssocation, and convert existing existances to an out-of-the-box MetaAssociation.

Any insights would be appreciated!

Philippe

SVanSchoonlandt
Honored Contributor

sorry I don't really get the issue. When I'm taking the example of software technology these are the two query's to get both ends

Select [Application] Where [Used Technology]

Select [Software technology] Where [Element using Technology]

If there is something else, let me know. I'm pretty sure we can get this to work ;-).