Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopex: Dragging diagram to Package in Navigator creates unicity-violation

dvanhoegaerden
Super Contributor

Hi,

Hopex introduced the unicity-rule.

However,

we notice that when dragging Diagrams from 1 object to a Package-object in the Mega-Navigator;

this unicity-rule is broken, and 2 or even more "described elements" are connected.

eg: dragging a "Class Diagram" from a "Use Case"  to a "Package".

It is only AFTER dispatching, that a warning-box is shown and violations are automatically undone.

Since most user model with Mega-Navigator, this is very confusing behaviour.

We also notice that executing the same connects, using the Mega-explorer, work fine (and will replace the described element immediately).

I've documented our test case in attachment.

Q: Is there a way to enforce unicity immediately in the navigator for diagrams dragged to Package?

Thanks for investigating this,

Regards,

Danny

3 Replies

dvanhoegaerden
Super Contributor

I think I have found the problem with this issue :

It seems that in MetaViewport,
the wrong "Populating MetaAssociationEnd" is connected to the "MetaTreeBranch" "(Object) Package Fold - Diagram Collect".

I have changed this "Populating MetaAssociationEnd" from "[Package.Description]" to "[Described Element.Description]" (also shortnamed "Description").

Importing attached mgr file seems to solve the issue (import mgr and dispatch to activate new Viewport-structure)..

Please confirm solution.

Regards,

Danny 

dvanhoegaerden
Super Contributor

Jerome,

"It is only AFTER dispatching, that a warning-box is shown and violations are automatically undone."

With this remark, I mean that the created situation : where the "class diagram" has more than 1 "described element",

will remain until you dispatch.

In a repository made with Hopex-version :

While the dispatch process is ongoing, Mega shows a messagebox :

"To perform this operation, you must first disconnect the link between..."

After clicking OK, the changes that where made related to this message are not dispatched.

In a repository made in Mega2009 SP5 (hopex-ready) migrated to Hopex using admin-console :

Dispatch will not detect the created unicity-violation, and will successfully dispatch.

I will create a case for this.

Thanks for looking into this.

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello dvanhoegaerden 

I can replicate part of the description with HOPEX V1R3 CP9 and SQL Server storage

The drag and drop of a class diagram describing a use case onto a package creates a situation where the class diagram is described by several elements: a use case and a package.

This is indeed not what is expected indeed given the rule a diagram should have one described object

However, I cannot replicate the violation error and I do not understand you point about data create with MEGA 2009.

Did you run the Hopex readiness utilities before MEGA 2009

See KB http://community.mega.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/mega-kb-solution?sid=501D00000011kGmIAI

Please open a case so that we can perform further investigations.

Jerome