cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error encountered trying to add MetaOppositeAssociationEnds to Portfolio Metaclass

agreff
Super Contributor

Hello,

I was trying to extend the Portfolio metaclass in MEGA to add a * collection of associated Application objects.

On the MetaOppositeAssociationEnds folder within the Portfolio metaobject, I tried to invoke "New->MetaAssociationEnd", however after asking for the association Name in the "Creation of MetaAssociationEnd" dialog box, an error message was given stating "Unable to generate command for MetaClass MetaAssociationEnd".

I was wondering if anyone has come across this issue and have they been able to find out what is the underlying cause?

Regards,

Andrew Greff

2 Replies

agreff
Super Contributor

Thanks Jerome,

That worked very well! I appreciate the quick turnaround!

Andrew

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello Andrew

If you want to create a MetaAssociation between two MetaClass, use the 'Metamodel diagram'.

A metamodel diagram described an object of  the MetaClass 'Metamodel'.

In this diagram, you can create a MetaAssociation with a drag and drop action between two MetaClass.

A window opens where you juste need to name the new MetaAssociation.

ScreenShot003.jpg

Then the MetaAssociation is created with its MetaAssociationEnds.

ScreenShot004.jpg

After this, you can change default properties for MetaAssociationEnds (Local Name, MetaMultiplicity...)

See http://community.mega.com/mega/attachments/mega/HOPEXV1R2/10/65/HOPEX%20Studio.pdf
HOPEX Studio - MEGA Studio, section 'Placing a MetaAssociation'

You need the MetaStudio product to customize metamodel.

Jerome