cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Enviroment

rsaettone
New Contributor

We have modified some standard metamodel attributes and now we can't restore the backup.

We want to duplicate the production environment to make our development environment. The production environment using a SQL database. 

What is the procedure?

5 Replies

Hello

With SQL Server storage there is a dependancy between environment name and database names

If the name expected for target environement is 'PreProd', you should restore the backup with different names

Ex:

• PreProd_SystemDb
  • PreProd_Data1

Then you can

• Create a new environment with the name 'PreProd' (check the option 'Restore')
  • Create a new repository within this new environment with the name 'Data1' (check the option 'Restore')
Jerome

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for replying back.

My client does not has a PrePord environment at the moment, they want to make PreProd a copy of Prod.

If I have understood this document properly then this document is about duplicating SQL databases (copying one SQL databse to another SQL server).

Even though when restoring in destination SQL server, you can change the name of the Database (which will be shown in SQL) but in Mega you still need to create an environment with the original name of the databse - it does not create connection with new name.

So if someone wants to duplicate Production environment to PreProd environment with a different name e.g. Prod to PrePord, then what can be done?

Or in other words can we rename an existing Environment? 

Can it be possible please?

Regards,

Asim

Hello

I have updated the above url. Check it again

Jerome

Hi,

I also need to perform the same activity i.e. duplicate the production environment to make a preprod environment.

How can I do it? I cannot open the above link.

Regards,

Asim

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello rsaettone

There is a document about this

http://community.mega.com/mega/attachments/mega/HOPEXV1R2/10/58/RDBMS%20Environment%20Duplication%20...

Before working in the new development environment check carefully that there is not mismatch and that is distinct from production

Jerome