cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capability-driven Element MetaClass deprecated in V2?

pvandeginste
Honored Contributor

We recently converted one of our test environments to V2Cp3 (HF 3.05). We noticed the Capability-driven Element abstract MetaClass is no longer visible. This is a key part of our team's mapping of capabilities. The data is still there, and queries/reports will retireve it, but we can't see it in the Explorer, or in diagrams. When we look at the metamodel diagrams, the "Capabilty-driven Element" abstract MetaClass is displayed on the MetaModel diagram, but has a red "no entry" warning icon at the bottom right-hand corner. We also noticed the DiagramTypeViews related to the abstract's SubMetaClasses in the Capability Tree Diagram are not showing anymore either. When you explore the CTD, the DiagramTypeView folder shows a count of 19 objects in the collection, but 5 or 6 are displayed in the navigation window under the Capabilty Tree Diagram DiagramTypeParam.

Is this MetaClass deprecated in V2? Is there a way to make it visible again?

Thanks!

7 Replies

Hello

The option 'Advanced Modeling of Capabilities' is available with product 'HOPEX Business Strategy' (code MBS)

It enables to see the metaClass 'Capability-driven Element'

You also need to check 'See abstract metamodel' in query editor, assistant mode to see it.

There is another option 'Capability visibility' available with the solution HOPEX Business Process Analysis (code HPBA) 

It enables to see the metaClass 'Business Capability'

Jerome

pvandeginste
Honored Contributor

I thoughht so too, but it appears that Business Architecture in V2 is introducing a different MetaModel around Capabilities.

This seems to be it, even though I believed this would be covered by [HBAS] Business Architecture.
Thanks.

pvandeginste
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I believe it was related to the Business Strategy product being absent from our license key. After we received an updated license with Business Strategy added, we were able to see the option & MetaClass, as well as the diagrams describing Strategic Models (they weren't visible without the Business Strategy product).

Hope this helps,

Philippe

Did you find a way to enable "Advanced Modeling of Capabilities"? I'm facing the same problem. Running HOPEX V2 CP03image.png

pvandeginste
Honored Contributor

Hi Jerome,

I'm not currently able to see that option:

Capture1.JPG

Is it tied to a particular license or solution pack?

Thanks!

Philippe

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello 

There is a magic option 'Advanced Modeling of Capabilities'. Check it

Screen Shot 04-28-17 at 04.48 PM.PNG

Jerome