cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

massupdates of translations

bregenass
Contributor

Hi everybody,

documentation does not give me the answer - can you?

I want to export for any element the fields of all languages we installed (German, French, English) so we can clean everything up (we have people that work in french but use english terms) and upload it again.

9 Replies

Is there an updated version of this template for V4? Thanks.

bregenass
Contributor

you have to activate the multilanguage option in options/DataExcahnge/import export sync/tools third party: metattributes translation availability

veldew
Super Contributor
Hi, We use kind of the same at a customer, users are working in 1 language, an overnight job creates a word document (to not loose formatting) and translation services translate the document. when ready it will be uploaded in the objects name & comment. when working with comments, if you export to excel, styles and formatting might be tricky... then Word is a better option. kind regards, Wim VdV

hi 

Ok, is a way to go about.

Hope for some better solution from MEGA.

Thanks

Hi Lars

Thanks for your help. Acutally it is not as you expect. I am on the Web and all I see is the short name.

but hte idea below might do the trick (not very elegant though).

Bye 

Beat

You can also just export into Excel and translate. Before you re-import, you switch language in MEGA. This way, the translated text will be imported into the correct language layer.

I would expect to see the different ShortName attributes like I have in the provided attachment.

/Lars

Hi Lars,

that is what I hoped for.

But when I specify my columns for the export I can use 33  Short Name, but this gives me the language in which I work and nothing else. I have no clue where to tell the extractor to get the different languages for the object in question.

Do I have to play around with the metaclasses or ....

Sorry I am a novice in this field 😉

ThanXXL, Beat

LMeden
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

You can use the Excel export tool to export the different languages attributes for each object in question.

http://community.mega.com/mega/attachments/mega/HOPEXV1R2/10/67/Import%20and%20Export%20Tools.pdf

/Lars