Welcome to Functional Product & Methodology

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to model offering with product groups, sales channels and customer segments?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

How to model offering with product groups, sales channels and customer segments?

We are preparing a company for new ERP system. I am skilled in process design and we have already made top level process architecture. We are asked to model matrices (or diagrams, whatever we can do) for product groups, sales channels and customers segments and map such offerings to processes.

I remember Mega training long ago where offering was comprised of product * sales channel * customer segment. How to do that in Mega? Which diagram to use?

I can use "Product" object, but can't make a diagram like org chart. Is it possible or are products only available on Offerings?

If there are some resources or whitepapers on this topic, I would appriciate your input.

Using latest Mega HOPEX Process & Architecture modules.

Thanks,

jang

1 REPLY
MEGA

Re: How to model offering with product groups, sales channels and customer segments?

Hi Jang,

The Product object can be used in the top level Business Process Diagram (blue process).  I've attached an example from the BPA training slides.  In the example you can see the high-level product channels and client conversations.  The processes can then be decomposed to describe them with the lower level organizational processes.

Regards,

Rob Messing