cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HOPEX V2] Web Front Server License Error; Desktop Client runs fine

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

[HOPEX V2] Web Front Server License Error; Desktop Client runs fine

We've deployed HOPEX V2 CP05 7.70.4809.0000 on a brand-new server, against a brand-new Oracle 12 database.

 

Created environment and a test user successfully in the admin tool, and have used the test user in the Desktop client to create a test application and diagram.

 

The Web Front end however returns a Runtime Error: Server Error in '/Hopex' Application.

 

There are messages in the megaerr log file:

PID(2536);Thread(2980);Time(10:05:02);Session(MegaApplication);License not found .... Emergency License

PID(2536);Thread(2980);Time(10:05:02);Session(MegaApplication);This is a Commercial version: in megasite.ini file "[Setup]" "SiteEval =30".

 

I don't see the [Setup] section in our megasite.ini file; couple more messages further down:

 

PID(2536);Thread(2980);Time(10:05:07);Session(MegaApplication);error User: 0x0400047F: Interactive error in non Suspendable Mode(0)
PID(2536);Thread(2980);Time(10:05:07);Session(MegaApplication);              Startup impossible because no license is identified. Ensure a license is installed.

 

We've looked at the license tool, and all looks good; Desktop client is also working with this user.  The user does seem to have web front end enabled.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES
MEGA

Re: [HOPEX V2] Web Front Server License Error; Desktop Client runs fine

Hello

 

With Web Front-End, a key component called SSP is used (which is not used with Windows Front-end).

The user running SSP process (by default Local System) must have full access to the license folder. Otherwise, the system may consider no license is available.

Check this part.

Jerome
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: [HOPEX V2] Web Front Server License Error; Desktop Client runs fine

Thanks Jerome, that did it.

 

The SSP is running as SYSTEM user, which did not have rights to the network share for the license folder (it did have full rights at the Windows level folder configuration).

 

I tried adding SYSTEM to the network share, but it didn't save (which, frankly, works as expected from a security standpoint). 

 

For now I've added "Everyone" with full rights to the network share, and everything is working.

 

We'll work offline to determine how best to manage the network share permissions.

 

Thanks again!