cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visio importing in Mega

SOLVED

Visio importing in Mega

Hello everybody,

we have a customer interested in Visio importing. Unfortunately, our Exchange standard documentation only describes - in an application point of view - in which way the user has to proceed to perform diagrams import by using a brief example transcoding table.

By chance, has any of you experience regarding this topic? Do you know a case history, or anything else (more comprehensive table, attention points, limitations, for example) that could help us?

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Desirée Perondi

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES
MEGA Partner

Re: Visio importing in Mega

I have been experimenting with the visio import in the past. The experienceI had is that it works fine when the visio's are having a clear structure and that you can uniquely map the shapes on the visio on something in MEGA. However visio is often used as a drawing tool and people just use whatever they think looks best to create the flow. In that case it is hard to get a good result out of it, especially the flows tend to get lost.

I know one client where they created a visio template which actually force the users to use a limited set of objects and they have good results with the imports.  

I have also tried to do some imports from visio organizational charts, In visio you can specify certain attributes on the shapes but those are also lost during import.

New Contributor

Re: Visio importing in Mega

Hi,

Do you have experience in mapping visio objects with Mega HOPEX? I try follow mega user manual, but fail since the list of masters and shapes are disappear.

Please help me.

regards,

Doni